Sign the petition to stop animal abuse

You can sign a petition to stop animal abuse here. Make a difference and make your voice be heard with one click. Thanks for your support! BTW: Elder Blackhurst and Elder Loveland Rule!!!!!

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Little Things Can Make a Big Difference Especially To Little Animals

It's certainly no secret that I am passionate about animals. I feel that God's creatures are often overlooked in the charity department. I help people. That's just me. I'm charitable and love to help those in need; including animals and even insects. I even threw a fit when my older sister had my son outside killing snails with salt. I talked to my son about it and told him how, even though they can't show it, they have feelings just like we do and we should respect all life, no matter how insignificant it may seem. The kids listen to me when it comes to things like that. They catch bugs that are in the house and put them outside. From Ladybugs, Crickets, Beetles, and even non-toxic spiders, they've rescued many "tiny" lives. My husband is supportive of my activism, but he often complains that sometimes I go "overboard". Take last Saturday for example. I had to take him back to his truck and he was driving our van on the way there. There in the road close to our house was a HUGE turtle just sitting there afraid to move. My husband went around him and I begged him to take me back so that I can help him get out of the road before he gets hit. My husband complained with remarks such as "it's just a turtle" and "I'm going to be late if we turn around." Eventually, I won the argument but was afraid as we turned around that I may have been too late. When we got back to the turtle, he was still there and had not moved from his spot. There were cars avoiding him as we parked on the side of the road. The poor thing was so scared. I got out of the van and picked him up (gosh he was so heavy) and moved him into the little stream that ran along the side of the road. He sat there and I walked away. When I returned back on the road about an hour later, he was no where to be found so I assumed that he had not wandered back into the road and was quite smug when I announced that to my husband.

The point is, that no matter how small or insignificant a creature may seem to us, we should always do our best to help them. As always, I love you guys and know that you can be a hero daily, even if it's to a snail. :)

P.S.
I wanted to share this picture of me and the "late" Mopsy with you guys. I was in my pj's and my hair was not fixed so I debated putting it up, but for you guys, I will! I miss Mopsy so much so when I found this pic, I was sad. I love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment