Sign the petition to stop animal abuse

You can sign a petition to stop animal abuse here. Make a difference and make your voice be heard with one click. Thanks for your support! BTW: Elder Blackhurst and Elder Loveland Rule!!!!!

Friday, May 22, 2009

Gardening for my Pets

I adore gardening. Aside from my family and animals, gardening is one of my greatest passions. I enjoy that feeling of accomplishment I get when I plant a seed and watch it grow into a beautiful flower. It's an amazing feeling. I'm not the only one who loves my garden. Aspen loves it too. We have had to move her outside cable (which she is only on for a small amount of time each time) to a different place in the yard. She keeps eating my plants! Apparently she believes I plant these seeds for her to enjoy in her tummy at a later time. Aspen isn't the only one either. I've caught my cat, Lady, outside numerous amounts of times smelling the flowers and rubbing up against them. He loves my garden, but he's not destructive towards it like Aspen is.

I was really proud of my daffodil that grew. It's amazing that this beauty was only a bulb when I planted it. I had planted 4 of them. One of them I chose not to plant in my flowerbed. Instead, I planted it near the Dogwood in my front yard. My 8 year old son, Jacob, decided that it was the most beautiful flower he had ever seen and he picked it for me. After my initiative anger was over, I hugged him, explained to him not to pick my flowers, and put the flower in some water to enjoy it for as long as I could. It was a sweet gesture, but a major no-no.






This is part of my fruit and vegetable garden. Here you are looking at my corn that is growing. I'm so excited! It's white corn which is my favorite. I can't wait until it's ready to harvest. You can also see my carrots to the right. I also have broccoli, and cantaloupe planted too. *Sigh* Gardening is a way to get my mind off of the daily problems we all face. It relaxes me, makes me feel at peace, and gives me that amazing sense of accomplishment. Now, if only I could teach the pets to garden imagine what I could accomplish.

1 comment:

  1. I am not very good with growing things but recently started a spice garden on my kitchen ledge. It is going well so far and it gives me hope. Nice story

    ReplyDelete